The Moroccan has been one of the standout stars of the LaLiga Santander season, picking up 17 league goals to date. His goals have been key in Sevilla’s unlikely title charge.
1. En-Nesyri is putting together a dream campaign in the white and red of Sevilla. In fact, the 23-year-old’s 17 goals so far this campaign have broken the all-time record for goals by a Moroccan in LaLiga in a single season, a record previously held by Youssef El-Arabi.
2. Fes-born En-Nesyri came through the youth ranks at the Mohammed VI Football Academy, one of the most prestigious academies in Morocco. By the age of 17 he stood out for his physicality and technical abilities, so much so that he was picked up by Malaga CF in 2015, thus kickstarting his LaLiga career.
3. En-Nesyri is a key figure in Sevilla’s LaLiga Santander title challenge. His goals have been crucial, accounting for 21 of the team’s 70 points.
4. The Moroccan star scored hat-tricks on two consecutive matchdays this season, only the third Sevillista to do so in history after Guillermo Campanal and Rafael Berrocal during the 1940s… seven decades ago!
5. He’s well known for his relationship with Kawasi, the ‘barber to the stars.’ Kawasi began cutting Youssef’s hair back in 2015 when he joined Malaga – where he’s based – and has followed his friend ever since. He often posts En-Nesyri’s pre-match haircuts on social media, and recently spoke to LaLiga about his changing style.