Here’s a look at 10 interesting facts of the Egyptian King:
- No other African player has scored more goals in the Premier League than Mo Salah.
- Salah is the only opponent player to have scored a hattrick at Old Trafford.
- Salah likes to watch movies and is a huge fan of Leonardo Dicaprio and Egyptian actor Khaled El Nabawy.
- Salah loves to eat and when in Egypt, he makes sure the first thing he does is to eat Kushari, a traditional dish of Egyptian cuisine consisting of a base of rice, lentils, and pasta mixed together with garlic vinegar and a spiced tomato sauce. It is then topped with crispy fried onions and chickpeas!
- Salah is a huge fan of the American professional boxer, activist, and philanthropist, Muhammad Ali Clay. Like Ali, he keeps fighting back against all the odds and has emerged incredibly in the football world. It appears that the commitment to greatness is a feature they both have in common.
- As one of the most prominent footballers ever, Salah married his long-term girlfriend Magi Mohamed, inviting the entire village to his wedding party. Many people joined the couple to celebrate their special day; he even asked Egyptian singers to entertain the people.
- Salah is a very religious man, devoted to his Muslim religion and this is shown by how he always bows down to thank Allah every time he scores a goal at any match he plays. Salah named his Daughter Mecca Mohammed after the Holy site in Saudi Arabia called Mecca but later changed the name to Makkah to distinguish it from the name Mecca Bingo which is the world’s biggest gambling Casino!
- Mohamed Salah welcomed his second daughter in a British hospital in 2020. The couple named the newborn “Kayan”, which is an Arabic feminine name, meaning nature and creation. Salah’s second daughter was born in Liverpool, his first daughter Mecca was born in London in 2014 when her father was a player at Chelsea at the time.
- Salah’s boots are on display at the British Museum. The British Museum has a wide range of artefacts from across the world. Now their Ancient Egypt collection has something somewhat more modern displayed alongside it: Mo Slah’s boots! They helped him score 32 league goals for Liverpool in 2017/18 season, a new Premier League record for a 38-game season.
- More than one million voters in the recent Egyptian presidential election spoiled their ballot papers, and some of those who did wrote in the name of Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah instead. While the election was eventually won by Abdel-Fattah al-Sisi, who picked up 92 per cent of the vote ahead of his opponent Moussa Mustafa Moussa, it’s noted a number of people crossed out both names in favour of the Egyptian international footballer.
Never miss an issue. Subscribe to soccer360magazine here