David Beckham is the latest ex-Manchester United player to invest in English fifth-tier side Salford City. The English icon has taken a ten percent stake in the club, subject to approval, alongside former teammates Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt, and the Neville brothers, Gary and Phil. The players, known collectively as the ‘Class of 92’, own a controlling 60 percent stake in the club with Singapore businessman and Valencia owner Peter Lim owning the remaining 40 percent. Salford have won three promotions in four years and are just one step away from the fully professional Football League.

%d bloggers like this: